The purpose of the Benedictine University at Springfield Hall of Fame is to honor those who have helped build the Athletics programs into what they are today.
To be considered for nomination to the BenU Springfield Hall of Fame, candidates must fall into one of the following designations and meet the criteria within the specific designation. Candidates may be inducted posthumously. Nominations for those not selected will roll over to the following year. Nominees that have rolled over 5 consecutive years without induction will need to be resubmitted for future consideration.
- Student-Athlete Nomination:
- Graduated from BenU Springfield, Springfield College in Illinois or Springfield Junior College
- Be a minimum of six (6) years removed from eligibility/participation
- Made a significant impact on a particular team or made a significant impact to the Athletics Department.
- Achieved outstanding athletic accomplishments (All-American, National Champion, Multiple All-Conference, Player of the Year, Record Holder)
- Administrator, Coach, or Staff Nomination:
- Currently or have been employed by BenU Springfield, Springfield College in Illinois or Springfield Junior College
- Conducted himself/herself in a positive fashion and made a significant impact to the personal success of student-athletes
- Achieved outstanding accomplishments (National Championships, National Tournament appearances, extraordinary win totals, fostered significant growth for the department.)
- Team Nomination:
- Achieved outstanding accomplishments (high national rankings, National Champions or championships appearances, undefeated or high win seasons)
- Be at least six (6) years removed from accomplished season(s)
- Had at least 75% graduation rate of team members
- Friend of Bulldog Athletics Nomination:
- Made a significant impact on the experience of BenU Springfield student-athletes
- Contributed to the recognition, success and accomplishment of BenU Springfield student-athletes or teams